HIV Prevention Community
Percentage of testing positive after 6 weeks of being negative?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

The topic says it all. Please don't hi-jack the thread and say, "No conclusive results until after 3 months"... I get the CDC and all that information. This thread is for those who feel the need for comfort in after a 6 week checkup. So now let's ask, "Has anyone heard or seen someone test positive after testing 6 weeks of being negative" ... I've read this countless of times, but haven't see or heard anyone show forth a positive result after 6 weeks of testing negative.

Has anyone else?
with todays test...6 weeks is a very good indication of your status.  no one in this forum will GUARANTEE you that a 6 week test will not change.
Of course, I'm not looking for "guarantee" comments, Basically looking for incite on forum go'ers who heard or no of anyone testing positive after 6 weeks.

I thank you for your contribution, at least you're not saying, "3 months, 3 months, 3 months" response. I've been scouring this site and I have not found one result of someone testing positive after 6 weeks. Just trying to calm the nerves of many (who have a good immune system) and myself, (7 weeks 2 days) ...

Thank you, LIZZIE LOU.... Anyone else want to contribute?
I can only back up what Lizzie has said...6 weeks very good, 8 weeks probably will not change. But this site is just a small smaple of people who test. And by looking though responces you will see that only a few people have returned with a positive test. This is not because HIV rates are getting lower it is just the fact that a lot of people never really had a risk to begin with.
I heard of a guy that said he tested pos after 6 weeks but I think he was talking about 2 years ago. Does anyone know when the new ElISA tests came out here in US
3 months is standard and has been standard for several years. I think since 2004.
am at the same boat. waiting to test after 3 months and this is week 6. i would also like to know if the chances of 6weeks,7,8 are precise to determine the negative. it kills waiting for so long.
Check the archives on aidmeds.com also.  You will probably be able to find additional cases on that website.  Why even check though?  The harder you look, the more cases you will find.  Personally, two things keep my anxiety levels in check #1: no hiv websurfing and #2: a good SSRI or a BZD or both.  Good luck.....
Vance told everything!!
Point is, that people didnt turn positive after 6 weeks is, that they didnt have risk...But people who really had risk exposure , they turn positive after 6 weeks!! Belive !!!
Hello!! I’m indeed very happy for the great help that Dr. olikipa rendered to me, I was a HIV patient my husband also was a HIV patient, we saw a blog whereby Dr.olikipa cured HIV, we (Me and My Husband) decided to contact him which we did, he asked us to buy some items, unfailingly we sent him the money he will need in buying the items required, He casted the spell and asked us to go for check-up after three days of casting the spell, Luckily for us we were tested HIV negative, now I believe all these Testimonies about him on the internet, he is truly a great man, if you want to discuss with me on how he cured us, kindly email me on ***@**** or you can contact the great Herbalist and a spell caster on ***@**** or you can call him via his mobile phone number on +2348110037989