Aa
A
A
Close
Pharyngitis over 2 weeks and hiv test
Hello,

Im a new member here so Hi all.Well I had sex with a sex worker in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia 10-13 weeks ago,it was protected,and unprotected oral sex 8 weeks ago and I noticed a had a small cut on the head after the oralmsex.After 2 weeks of the unprotected oral sex,I was down with fever about 38 ,flu, soar throat with a small swallon lymph node on the neck and a one time night sweat.I tested negative with a Ag/Ab test 4,6, and 8 weeks after tne unprotectted oral sex.It all came back negative.But now Im having pharyngitis for almost 2 weeks.The condition is mild according to the doctor and he told me to drink a lot of water and gaggle with salt.My question is.

Can I rely on the test for the protected event and unprotected event.Im a Hiv free?
Can I assume that the pharyngitis Im having has nothing to do with Hiv.
Should I get tested again?

Thanks
Cancel
23 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You never had an HIV exposure with oral sex.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
So Im Hiv free?and I dont need any futher testing i supposed.Oh yeah and the pharyngitis and the fever is not related to me feeling that i might catch Hiv.I will be happy if Im free of Hiv and thanks for your time teak
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks Teak
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
teak,

I was wondering if you can answe this,does a person with a weak immune system has an effect on the window period eg a person who gets ill easily,and i have read the cdc guidlines i might be wrong but it says latex condom does not work 100% and testing after 6 months is conclusive.sorry for the trouble and my last post was not to caused panic as i was just confused.thanks
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
No, your immune system has nothing to do with the window period. However it can play significant role in the symptoms you get after infection.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
sorry what do you mean by the last 2 pharagraps?however..
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
You don't need to worry about that because you never had an exposure. Get back to reality. You don't have HIV
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
i wish i could go on with my life but im still having this pharyngitis which hasnt go away i did go to the ear nose and throat and they just gave me something to gargle,the thing is i never had pharyngiti in my life and never had a sore throat for this long thats why im a bit paranoid
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Post your question at the HIV anxiety group, you do not have HIV concern.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
so your very confident that my pharyngitis has nothing to do with ars or hiv
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
And I'm very confident that it'll go away once you stop stressing yourself.about HIV,
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks vicky i will follow your advise
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
oh yeah before i go can you comment on the cdc i read and regarding the effectiveness of condom and elisa/eia method hiv1/hiv2 ag/ab that detects p24 antigen considered as 4th gen test thanks
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
We are not here to challenge other website/people's point of view. You do not have an HIV concern so relax. Any more comments can lead you to the life time ban from here.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
ok i got that just to clariry the test i mentioned is indeed a 4th gen test right this question has nothing to do with others opinion just for my own knowledge thanks and i will stay away from this forum
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Yes
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I remember what happened the last 3 months plus i did have a brief unprotected sex with a csw,that was at the end of it.I got tested 3 days ago with an eclia test the result is -ve.But the doc said i might have a severe compromised immune system due to my chronic pharyngitis which i still have till  now but its getting better and better and he said go get tested after 6 months just to make sure.What do you guys think of this?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Move along you have a conclusive test result.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
sorry teak if my question bother u do you agree with what my doc said that i have a severe immune due to my chronic pharyngitis.Sorty again teak
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
No, you never had an exposure and you aren't in a category that had you had an exposure that would would need to test longer than 3 months.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
the exposure was a brief unprotected vaginal sex and let me try to understand this that you disagree with my doc that i have a severe immune system due to my chronic pharyngitis yeah?thats it i promise i will leave this thread.thanks
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
You understood it correctly. Pharyngitis has nothing to do with a severe compromised immune system.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Pharyngitis over 2 weeks and hiv test
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703