HIV Prevention Community
Please help i think i might have HIV

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Please help i think i might have HIV

Had an encounter with a guy i did not know his status, we did oral but he performed more oral on me than i on him he did not ***, but no sure if there was pre-***, we kissed and then he wanted to do anal but for a split second he tried but hurt me so much when he penetrated that it was less than second that was all, and he did not *** or nothing inside me he was barely a sec in there.

I found out by a friend the next day after the exposure, that he might be hiv positive.

from there on i have been with horrible stress and anxiety which i suffer from since i was 8, the same day i found out i started to have tension headaches, tenssion in the neck, and dizzy i think that might have been from the stress and anxiety cause when i forgot about it, i did not feel it any more. but what really worries me is 3 days later i got 3 pinpoint spots on my palm of my hands the next day i got 3 more and i have a few more now in my leg and arm like about 10 could be more they have been developing since that day, i think it might be petechiae? cause there red and under the skin and don't itch. my mom and sister has them too a lot actually. today has been 2 weeks and 4 days since the exposure.

I have not experience any
sore throat
fever
rash
swollen lymph nodes
loss of appetite

Only the what i think is petechiae and a lot of anxiety, stress and tension in the neck and head also in the jaw.

so i guess my question is could an HIV infection cause petechiae to come out as soon as 3 days after exposure, and not have any fever or nothing i still keep on getting some red pinpoint spots but no to much, i have like 20 in total in the body you really have to look for them cause there hard to find, could this be stress related cause i have been in stress since the day after the exposure.

i'm worry cause i read the petechiae could be caused by HIV or other infections.... but would the virus be so fast to do that in 3 days wouldn't have i have other symptoms like the common ones fever, rash, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat etc. by now.

and also what the earliest time i can get an hiv test that would be a little conclusive.

Thank you so much i have been in so much stress can't even sleep and i have anxiety problems that i feel like i can't breath but when i forget it goes away except the spots of course

You were never at risk.
Thank you for your fast reply.

I have heard petechiae could be cause of HIV lowering the platelet, but could this happen 3 days after exposure? cause what really has me worried is the pinpoint spots i have after 3 days of the incident! and i'm still getting some here and there could this be cause of the stress and anxiety? or HIV??

petechiae can't be the cause of hiv and hiv can't cause petechiae.  petechiae from a lowered platelet count is called thrombocytopenia.
Thank you

but i have heard that hiv patient develop thrombocytopenia and that what has me worried, i just want to know cause i got the petechiae after 2 or 3 days after exposure to HIV would this be enought time for the infection of HIV to cause thrombocytopenia and i to develope some petechiae, i'm still getting some till date 17 days after here and there like 20 in total till now. they don't go away either, i have not developed any fever nor sore throat or swollen lymph nodes....but the stress and anxiety is killing me with the tension!!

please reply.
For your platelet count to drop significantly enough to cause petichiae, it would not be from HIV...at only 3 days after an exposure (which you weren't really at risk).  Thrombocytopenia related to HIV would occur in very late infection, after an AIDS diagnosis was made.

If your partner penetrated you without a condom...even if for a second...testing probably isn't a bad idea...just to put your mind at ease.  You can test at 3 months after the exposure for a conclusive result.

The fact that the penetration was so brief really diminishes the odds of you having a risk...but I think you'll feel better if you just test.

In the meantime, do not lose any sleep over it!

From now on....any encounters with other men (and anal pentration)....insist upon condom use each and every time!
Thank you i think stress and anxiety is really killing me here and to blame for my symptoms when i do get a test in 3 months after exposure i will post back with the results hopefully being Negative!
i had a sexual encounter with a girl who still my friend till this day we had vaginal intercourse without no condom not for long tho. i did not know her hiv status and still do not know it, i have felt wierd the past couple years never dealt with no fever or swollen lymp nodes, thruout the years have gotten sour throat and headaches and now have a situation with my facial beard and mustache when it grows it becomes red and sometimes flaky. i am scared to get tested do i show signs of hiv. thanks
well i know all intercourse that involves penetration is a risk, i've been having horrible neck jaw pain headaches muscle aches in the arms since 3 days after my exposure really doubt thats caused of the HIV infection, everyday i find something new wrong with me thank god i haven't gotten a fever or swollen lymph nodes or i would def go crazy i just want to get tested and get this over with for what ever the results may be... anyways if you did have unprotected vaginal sex even thought your symptoms don't sound HIV related get tested. Good Luck

* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.