HIV Prevention Community
Please help....

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Please help....

Thanks for such wonderful forum, this really help people like us where we cant find experts like you.My exposure was sucking a women breast, Doesn't know did any breast secretion or blood came in to my mouth, I cant recall as I tasted anything.Also She was completely dress and I was removed my pants and penis was exposed which was jammed on here vaginal top of her dress while I was hugging, she just lifeted her T shirt and I sucked her breast brielfy thats all happend, after that I got HIV Phobia I got tested on
7th week Rapid HIV test and Elisa test ---Negative, 7.3 Week 4th Generation Elisa test --Negative, 8 Week Rapid test --Negative , again 10th week Rapid Test--Negative ,all rapid tests are lab based which took 30 to 40 min to get result,but the doctors said to me I have to test again after 6 months.I took Vitamin B complex tab and used Pyralvex solution, treatment for mouth ulcers will that slow down my sero conversion,
From Above my test result Can I be rule out my HIV fear or Do I need  test @ 13 weeks in view of medical prospective.
Can I be safely resume sexual life with my wife.
Also My Daughter 4 year old, Develop a small amount of rashes on her both elbow and running nose after 6 days when she used my bath towel and she has small scratches on her foot does that worry some ?
No incident HIV infections among MSM who practice exclusively oral sex.
Int Conf AIDS 2004 Jul 11-16; 15:(abstract no. WePpC2072)??Balls JE, Evans JL, Dilley J, Osmond D, Shiboski S, Shiboski C, Klausner J, McFarland W, Greenspan D, Page-Shafer K?University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, United States

Oral transmission of HIV, reality or fiction? An update
J Campo1, MA Perea1, J del Romero2, J Cano1, V Hernando2, A Bascones1
Oral Diseases (2006) 12, 219–228

AIDS: Volume 16(17) 22 November 2002 pp 2350-2352
Risk of HIV infection attributable to oral sex among men who have sex with men and in the population of men who have sex with men

Page-Shafer, Kimberlya,b; Shiboski, Caroline Hb; Osmond, Dennis Hc; Dilley, Jamesd; McFarland, Willie; Shiboski, Steve Cc; Klausner, Jeffrey De; Balls, Joycea; Greenspan, Deborahb; Greenspan
Page-Shafer K, Veugelers PJ, Moss AR, Strathdee S, Kaldor JM, van Griensven GJ. Sexual risk behavior and risk factors for HIV-1 seroconversion in homosexual men participating in the Tricontinental Seroconverter Study, 1982-1994 [published erratum appears in Am J Epidemiol 1997 15 Dec; 146(12):1076]. Am J Epidemiol 1997, 146:531-542.

Studies which show the fallacy of relying on anecdotal evidence as opposed to carefully controlled study insofar as HIV transmission risk is concerned:

Jenicek M. "Clinical Case Reporting" in Evidence-Based Medicine. Oxford: Butterworth–Heinemann; 1999:117
Saltzman SP, Stoddard AM, McCusker J, Moon MW, Mayer KH. Reliability of self-reported sexual behavior risk factors for HIV infection in homosexual men. Public Health Rep. 1987 102(6):692–697.Nov–Dec;

Catania JA, Gibson DR, Chitwood DD, Coates TJ. Methodological problems in AIDS behavioral research: influences on measurement error and participation bias in studies of sexual behavior. Psychol Bull. 1990 Nov;108(3):339–362.

There is no debate (among experts) about the HIV risks associated with oral sex. The risk is so low that almost nobody who cares for HIV infected patients has ever had a patient believed to have been infected that way. Among experts, it's a semantic issue about using terms like "no risk" and "very low risk". There is no difference between my or Dr. Hook's use of "low risk" and other experts' "no risk".
DR. HANSFIELD

"And oral sex is basically safe sex -- completely safe with respect to HIV and although not zero risk for other STDs, the chance of infection is far lower than for unprotected vaginal or anal sex. Please educate yourself about the real risks. If you stick with oral sex and condom-protected vaginal or anal sex, you have no HIV worries and very little worry about other STDs. " DR HANSFIELD

"I am sure you can find lots of people who believe that HIV is transmitted by oral sex, but you will not find scientific data to support this unrealistic concern..." DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread by touching, masturbation, oral sex or condom protected sex."- DR. HOOK

in the public HIV Prevention forum of MedHelp, TEAK and the other moderators maintain that oral sex in all forms is a zero risk activity. Would you agree with this assessment?
I TOTALLY AGREE / DR GARCIA
"HIV is not spread by masturbation, through oral sex, through kissing or other casual contact." Dr. Hook
"The observation on thousands and thousands of observations is that HIV is not spread by oral sex (of any sort)." DR HOOK
"I would not say your risk ,if he had HIV is "slim to none"- that's too high.  I would say they are effectively zero.  How much of his ejaculate or other genital  secretions you may have swallowed makes no difference.  EWH "
"As far as HIV is concerned, there is no known risk of getting HIV from performing oral sex on an infected partner, even if that person's genital secretions get into your eyes or if you swallow." Dr.Hook
HIV is not spread by oral sex, giving or receiving, even if sores, gum disease or blood is present
DR HOOK
The fact is that there are no cases in which HIV has been proven to be transmitted by oral sex, including fellatio..  EWH
as you yourself said that you got Hiv phobia..!

Your activity was not worrisome at all for Hiv .! So do not test again as you do not need any Hiv test.
Learn and educate yourself about Hiv. And best way to avoid such stressful events is to have a faithful relationship.!
Take Care.!
what if some breast secration or blood came in to my mouth ?
what if ? what if ? don't start thinking that way..!

What you should do is to know this
Activities That Allow HIV Transmission

1. Unprotected sex.
2. Direct blood contact, including injection drug needles, blood transfusions, 3. accidents in health care settings or certain blood products
    Mother to baby (before or during birth, or through breast milk).

So you are safe you do not have Hiv.!
Thanks for Clarification
But I did  sucking and kissing her breast in brief actually very brief , there was no pentrative sex. Sucking breast will not consider as sexual activity ? sorry I am very poor in Sexual education
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child
Thanks for your clarification, but i believe u missed the oral sex part, there is lot of sites includes CDC says that oral sex will transfer HIV and Consuming breast secretions /blood is equal to oral sex right ?
No that is not what it says.
thanks teak but can you please clarify about the CDC information...

Oral Diseases (2006) 12, 219–228

DR. HANSFIELD

I TOTALLY AGREE / DR GARCIA
DR HOOK