HIV Prevention Community
Please i need Real Info and help!

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Please i need Real Info and help!

A year or so ago i was in a relationship with a man it only lasted for a couple months, we has unprotected sex a couple times but later i found out i was cheated on multiple times. About 5 months later i received an email from the man saying i may have been exposed to Hiv, i freaked out and went and did a rapid test at the clinic. It was negative but i did read that some people take up to 6 months to produce antibodies and also read that the brand of test that was.used has been found to be faulty ie false neg....should i retest or is that test trust worthy. I need to put.this behind me just need help. Thank you.
As you took the test 5 months after your last exposure, you are conclusively negative.
As per the latest CDC guidelines, the window period is 3 months and not 6 months.
Thank you at_ss  what about the possibility of the test reading wrong? I looked up some info and it says alot about false positives and false negatives with this particular test.
If you consider a testing reading worng, you can test forever. A flase negative can happen when the testing is done within the window period. You tested outside the window period, so a false negative wouldnt come up.
And a false positive would come up once in a while if you keep taking tests.
You had unprotected sex, you got tested at 5 months, your result is negative. This means you are good.
Thank you again guess its more of an ocd thing :(
6 month is for old test. It ever happen 20 years ago and also very rare. Even 1st generation test it generally detect within 12 week.

for 3rd generation test it very rare to seroconvert beyond 6 week. Australia state that it is 100% accurate after 12 week. You can find it.
I can find it?  Sorry i don't understand.
You do not have HIV. You have tested conclusively negative.