HIV Prevention Community
Positive at home, negative at hospital

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Positive at home, negative at hospital

Dear all
I am so worried about my test result. I did a test at home, which was a finger blood test, the result seems like a positive result. I did the test 5 weeks after the unprotected sex. I heard that the result in 5 weeks is very accurate. After that, I went to a hospital to do a test, the result was negative. In order to confirm the result, I went to another hospital to do a test again, which was a fourth generation teat, the result was negative again. Due to my extremely anxious, I did a pcr RNA test, the result was also negative. Finally, I did a simple rapid test 140 days after the sex, the result was negative.

Dear all, I wonder know that, whether the antibody would disappear or it will not disappear once it is produced in the blood?
Could I identify my home test as a false negative result? And do I need further testing.
Thank you, everyone
Please help me.
"I am so worried about my test result. I did a test at home, which was a finger blood test, the result seems like a positive result. I did the test 5 weeks after the unprotected sex"

After only 5 weeks it would be more or less meaningless.

Your subsequent tests post 12 weeks are conclusive. You do not have HIV.

Antibodies will never disappear .
Dear sir, thank you very much !
The antibody will never disappear since it is produced, right? So my home test is definitely a false positive? I do not need further testing for this exposure, am I right? I am really anxious. Please give me a clear guide. I am too sensitive.
140 days after exposure is almost twice the recommended window period.
It confirms the other negatives you had previously.
There is no possible way you are infected.

Your first test meant nothing.
Thank you sir. So it means no further testing is needed, right? I can totally let it go.
Dear sir
Am I right?  I am so sorry to trouble you
You definitively do not have HIV.  Your tests prove that.  Your "positive" result at home was not an accurate result.  NO further testing is needed.
Thank you. I am so sorry, I typed a wrong information, the last test I did was 112 days after sex not 140 days, is that still long enough for a hiv test in my situation.?
Dear sir, I provided a wrong information. The last test I did was 112 days after sex not 140 days, is that still long enough? Thank you
Whatever...beyond 3 months negative is conclusive...stop testing. ..
the official guidelines are 3 months. 3 months equal 12 weeks and 12 weeks equal 84 days! You tested at 112 days post exposure.

Nobody needs to test beyond 84 days unless they are on pep, organ transplant medication or maybe, MAYBE chemotherapy.
Contrary to popular belief and statistical math shenanigans, NOBODY  gets a false negative post 12 weeks!