HIV Prevention Community
Possibilities of me having HIV?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Possibilities of me having HIV?

I had an encounter 9 weeks ago... the sex was protected but I have reasons to believe the condom broke. I didn't see anything but the guy acted kind of weird afterwords as if something went wrong. Anyways I decided to get tested just to be on the safe side. I just had an Oraquick finger prick test last friday which was a couple days from being the 9 week mark. How reliable is this test? I know they say 12 weeks is to be conclusive but I was just wondering what's the chances that my test will go from a 9 week negative to a 12 week positive
I doubt you had a risk but even if you did, a 9 week negative is not going to change.