HIV Prevention Community
Possible Exposure from Tetanus Vaccination

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Dr. I have been having fears about contracting HCV, HIV or HBV but not by the normal ways because I am not involve in risky behaviors, two days ago I went to the pharmacy here in colombia to get a tetanus shot. The vaccine was prefilled (Sanofi-Aventis) the syringe prefilled was sealed inside the box, but my fears are because the girl did not use gloves and she did not wash her hands (Her hands did not have visible blood or cuts), there were not other patients before me at least for 7 min that I was there. When she was getting the air out of the syringe few drops fall by the needle and  touch her hands (the needle was pointing to the roof), I am worry because then when she changed the position of the needle pointing to my arm maybe the fluid that came out of the syringe and touched her hands could have come back to the needle and contaminated it, then she put it inside me already contaminated.

1.) Could that be a way of infection with HCV, HIV or HBV (I am vaccinated HBV)?
2.) Even when there is not visible blood can she has her hands infected because she touche the box of the vaccine that was on the counter top, counter tops where other people touch too, a door knob?.

3.) I have been reading about cross contamination and I am very nervous about it, Cross contamination can occur with new syringes and  unwashed hands or just occur with reused needles or syringes?
4.) Dr. Did she put me at risk for a blood borne desease?

I have been reading over the internet and there are some sites that say that you could get infected even if there is invisible blood but I don`t know if that is true and that is why I need a opinion of a Dr that is specialist in the matter.
This has already been answer by myself yesterday. Go see your older posts and do not repost please.
on internet you can find more stuff which can drive you crazzy..
You are at no risk .,..