Possible HIV exposure, Risk assessment
okay, I've been worried sick about a possible exposure i had about three weeks ago.  This is what happened.  Someone that I had "hooked up" with before had asked me if i wanted to hangout.  I haven't "hooked up" with a lot of people, but I had been with this guy previously when I was  17 and going through a phase and experimenting with guys.  When the guy asked me to hangout I had no intention of doing anything with him but it just happened.  Btw, this guy is 27, im 18, and I can tell he's been with a lot of people.  I preformed oral sex on before less than a minute and after much convincing I say we can try to have sex.  I say "try", because  my last successful attempt to have sex with this guy was very short-lived and painful.  So he says he will put on a condom, so i say okay.  He tries to penetrate me for about 30 seconds but after trying to help him put it in (and by doing this I also wanted to make sure he was wearing a condom) he pulled away so i couldnt touch his dick, I was suspicious and turned around really quickly and he covered up.  I was almost sure he wasnt wearing one, so i said i was going to leave.  After leaving i called him and told him i knew he wasnt wearing a condom.  He proceeds to tell me he was wearing one and BLAH BLAH BLAH. I beg him to go get tested with me, so i could know his status.  He tells me he's too busy with work and trying to leave for the military and that he never penetrated me (although there was pressure, I have been pentrated two time previously and it was painful, this experience was not at all so i do believe him).  He also said he was tested a month ago and said he was "clean," but if he tried to have sex with me without a condom, that is a RED FLAG! I went to go a full std panel done the day after and i wasnt too worried about it until i talked to the nurse.  She told me that I was at high risk for hiv because he could have torn something when attempting to penetrate me and i was also at high risk because of oral sex.  I know that the oral sex statement is incorrect.  She said to get a conclusive result i have to wait 6 months. So i've been worried sick, hardly eating or sleeping and finding my grades are being affected by this.  I know where this guy lives and works, he works at a hospital as a medic, do you think he would purposely give me HIV? Does this happen often? I've read some crazy stories on the internet and I'm so scared! Assuming he is HIV positive,  what was my risk?
transmission REQUIRES penetration
but do you think that if he did irritate the outside of my anus by attempting to penetrate me, it would then qualify as a risk?
transmission takes place INSIDE the body...when a penis is inside a vagina / anus.
Okay, thank you so much for your time and patience.  It really is appreciated.
Sounds like you're fine. There was no semen, there was no blood, there was no penetration. I wouldn't stress over it!
There was no nothing so obviously there was no risk.