HIV Prevention Community
Possible HIV infection from heat rash?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Possible HIV infection from heat rash?

Long story short, my wife and I separated so I decided to get over the sad feelings by going out of the country. During that time I got a heat rash on my inner thigh, about an inch from the groin due to the constant walking in the hot weather. Then, pressured by my friends, I had sex with a prostitute. I wore protection but I am afraid I got infected through the heat rash. At exactly 3 weeks I developed a flu like illness. I have malaise, fatigue, clogged nose, runny nose, sudden weakness, low fever under 100, another rash on the hip area, burning sensation on neck, and still clear mucus at 5 days in. It is flu season right now and I am hoping it is just that. Prior to this I took no meds, have no food allergies, in great shape and eat very healthy.

I was so scared that i took a STD test including HIV 2 and a half weeks in and it was negative but I know that it is too soon to tell. What are my chances of being infected? I am so worried...
You didn't have a risk.  You cannot get HIV from being exposed to fluids outside of the body, even with a rash, cuts, scrapes, etc.  Transmission happens INSIDE the body where the virus is preserved.

The symptoms you experienced had nothing to do with HIV.