HIV Prevention Community
Possible HIV transmission?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Possible HIV transmission?

1 month ago I came in contact with a used condom. I don't remember exactly what happened but all I know is I touched it, and that some of the sperm from inside the condom may have come in contact with my urethra. I have read many websites on HIV transmission and all of them are very different, some say HIV dies when it hits the air, others say it can live outside the body for hours. I have 2 main questions.

1) Let's say I put the used condom on my penis, and It was containing someone else's sperm that then got into my urethra. Am I at risk of contracting HIV?

2) Let's say I just touched the body fluid then touched my urethra, am I at risk of HIV in this situation?

Thank you for all your help!
1...did you put a used condom on your penis?

2...absolutely not.  
I don't believe I did but that was one of the situations that I don't remember exactly what happened.
really?

you "found" a used condom...you "may" have touched it...and you "might" have put it on your penis?

really?
No, I absolutely did touch it, no doubt about it, but I do have doubts about if I put it on my penis. I just want to figure out my risk. Thank you.
you ever tried to put a used, unrolled condom on your penis?  

you would remember it !

touching ejaculate and then touching your penis would not put you at risk.  once exposed to air, hiv becomes inactive and unable to infect.
I still haven't been told if I require testing..
no you do not