HIV Prevention Community
Possible dipping HIV risk?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Possible dipping HIV risk?

I know you get a lot of these questions but I really am confused on when frottage becomes dipping. I was with a sex worker in Thailand and while in my hotel we engaged in protective sex. She then woke me during the night wanting to go again, she was rubbing the head of my penis around her vaginal opening and she was very wet. She then attempted to put it in but I stopped her and put on a condom. So here is where my question lies at what point is it dipping and penetration? I was all around her opening and it was very wet so at what point would I be inside and at risk? I know this is all semantics but I'm asking sincerely. I only have protective sex and now I'm making myself crazy questioning whether I dipped or not. I read on the forum that you would know if there's penetration and I agree when you engage in the full act and you feel her on your shaft etc. But when does frottage become dipping? If your head is pleasuring and pushing at the vaginal opening with significant lubrication you are in, maybe not penetrated to shaft but aren't you in? Sorry for the graphic detail but I really am confused and concerned.
If you had penetrated her you wouldn't be here questioning whether you did or not. You had no risk.
Fair enough. I guess paranoia can take control. I appreciate your response