HIV Prevention Community
Post PEP Testing

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Post PEP Testing

Hi everyone, I finished  1 month course of PEP on 28/09/2012 (just over a week ago). I know that to get a conclusive result to test at 3 months post PEP. (4 months post exposure)

However I am wondering if anybody has any experiences/anecdotes/ statistics that suggest how useful testing before that date is. I know that to be completely sure I have to wait 3 months. And I know that if I have it I have it. However, for me, a highly strung 20 year old from a quiet and conservative british country village, it's all seeming too much to bear and I'm just trying to get all my facts straight.

For example I have heard that taking a 4th Gen DUO Test 4 weeks post PEP (8 weeks post exposure) is 95% accurate?

I have heard elsewhere that taking a DUO test at 6 weeks post-pep is 99% conclusive?

Thanks!
you had NO risk
Thank you for your reply Lizzie. I know that you and Teak and Rainlover have constantly told me that I'm at Zero Risk, and I have not simply ignored your replies, I have really taken then on board. I'm generally also a very rational person who myself got absolutely top grades at school and on my way to the highest attainable grade at a top British University. However, as you will appreciate, my mind is not working perfectly at the moment, as 'I'm the one in the hot seat'.

I'm thinking, OK, as I was very drunk the night with the prostitutes, I cannot remember for sure if the condom was used for the entire time. (which would then mean I'm not at Zero Risk.) Therefore  that's why I'm asking these questions, and just wanting the communities' advice and help in answering them.

Thanks again.

if your condom had failed...YOU WOULD HAVE HEARD ABOUT IT ! ! !

csw's use condoms to protect THEMSELVES from YOU.
Why would the condom not be used for the entire time? Why do you think you took off the condom and continued?

Not even sure how you got PEP anyway.
Thanks for  your replies! I was prescribed PEP in a hospital in Bangkok, where the regulations are probably not as tight. The problem is that I was just so drunk, so besides doing this reckless thing, when I woke up I could not say for sure if I had used it the whole time. I remember using a condom with one of them. (there were two)

Those who have followed my threads, I am partly worrying because of the immense fatigue I'm feeling atm, since about Day 29. I wake up unenergised, I'm always yawning, just no energy. And I'm going to bed at about 10pm and getting up about 9am.