HIV Prevention Community
Question about condoms and HIV

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Question about condoms and HIV

Hi group I have a quick question -

I hooked up with a guy for the first time and received anal sex. He used a condom, did ejaculate into it, and says that he is HIV+ after the fact. (really frustrating) I used a condom on my penis while inserting my penis into him so I feel that I am in the safe zone. I am freaking out and want to know if I should get tested after this incident. He says it was safe sex which is was but I want to be SURE that I was not at risk. Am I freaking out for no reason or should I go get tested?
Do not double post.  You had protected anal sex and didn't have an exposure.
My computer had an error. Sorry for the double post. THANK YOU for the answer so quickly! I can rest and ease my mind. Thank you again good sir!
I called him up and he said that the condom did not break. So even with him being positive the condom did ultimately protect me right? Waking up with a sore throat today (about two weeks after) is pretty weird.
You never had an exposure.
Thanks Teak. Sorry if I was a nuisance. Being with someone that neglected to tell me they are positive has my nerves a little rattled.