HIV Prevention Community
Question concerning possible ARS rash?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Question concerning possible ARS rash?

My question is not about how long a possible ARS rash can last because we all know it is different for everybody.  What I would like to know is once an ARS rash starts to get better and go away, does it basically clear up pretty quickly (like in a 24 hour period for example)?  Or once it starts going away will it slowly fade away over a weeks worth of time?

For example, lets say you have a rash and it lasts for 10 days.  If it were an ARS rash when it goes away would it, for example, be completely gone by day 11?  Or will it take another week to slowly fade away and slowly look better?  **I used the above number of days as an example only since we all know there is no specific length of days for a possible ARS rash**.

Thanks in advance.

I had unprotected anal sex four weeks ago as the top which is why I believe I am at risk.  I know I need to get tested I am just trying to gather some information for my own benefit.
Tags: rash, anal, negative, sleep, test, get better
The Symptoms that you mention could be due to many other reasons..no point loosing sleep over them.

I would suggest you get yourself tested.. Your test result is most likely going to be negative..
:-)
Have an HIV question?
100,000+ doctor answers