HIV Prevention Community
Question to Teak and Vince

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Question to Teak and Vince

One question, why my country's medic keep saying for those who have sex with sex worker before no matter have used condom or not, they still better to have a test every half year or every year?
As I think it is 100% safe then those medic shouldn't waste money for those zero risk people.
And meanwhile, I want to know is it the skin on penis can protect us against the HIV too? So which part of penis must be covered by the condom to protect us against HIV?
Thank you.
You never had an exposure and don't need testing. The head of the penis is all that needs covered to prevent HIV transmission.
whos Vince?
VANCE
Meanwhile I want to ask what kind of STDs I may get in this case?
I mean if I have a protected sex with a sex worker and I observe that the condom didn't break throughout the whole process of oral sex and vagina sex. And I didn't observe any special skin sickness on the sex worker.
All STD questions need to be posted in the STD FORUM.