HIV Prevention Community
Quick Vaginal Penetration with a sex worker without condom - Am I at ri...

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Quick Vaginal Penetration with a sex worker without condom - Am I at risk for HIV?

Dear experts,

Me and my friends we went to have some drinks, then decided to go a little 'extra'. The sex worker wore me a condom beforehand, but at the time when I was just about to penetrate her (I was quite too drunk to know whether or not it's a partial penetration or just some rubbing as my penis was not fully erected; my penis head did touch her vagina with tons of fluids though that's for sure) I realized that the condom did come off at some previous point (I did not know when). Then quickly (10 seconds after) I pulled her out as I realized the risk then we stopped. No further sexual intercourse happened.

My question is: In case It was actually a partial penetration and she was infected (her status is unknown obviously), Am I at risk for HIV? Does rubbing and partial/accidental penetration for less than 10 seconds would put me at risk? Should I get tested in 3 months?

Really appreciate for a quick response. I am really anxious. Thanks a lot
If you went inside her unprotected then it is a risk. If you were drunk enough not to see a condom on your penis and drunk enough not to know if you penetrated her then how do you know it was only 10 seconds?

3 month test is conclusive
Thanks for your response,

10 seconds here means it was really quick. Last question: if it was just a touch and rubbing within that short amount of time is it still a risk? Really appreciate your answer.