RAPID BLOOD TEST
How reliable is the 8 weeks rapid blood test in normal scenario ?

Is Rapid blood test the same as ELISA, whats the difference.

What are the chances of getting false negatives ?

Some one knowledgeble pls revert

8 week test is 95% or higher. 3 months is conclusive.
Thanks , i was wondering why there is so much of "false negative" and false positive" chaos around rapid BLOOD tests. What are the chances of a rapid blood test showing wrong result.
Done at 3 months...slim chance of a false positive, no chance of false negative.
Hi madfella,

Because my area only offers rapid test anonymously, i have been doing a lot of reading on rapid tests.

In the so called readings that i find, it seems that the rapid tests (that i have been having) are indeed somewhat less sensitive than the lab based 3rd gen tests. and detect infection slightly later, probably a week or 2. On top of that, the performance of rapid tests really depends on the person who is performing the test for you. if the procedure is not done properly, it gives the possibility of a false result, including missing even established, long-term infections. Which worries me a lot, but i have no choice because my area lacks anonymous lab based tests.

That said, of course, if the test was done properly according to the specifications, then the sensitivity reaches near 99.9% and should not have any false negatives after 3 months.

Vance2335, pls correct me if i did say anything that is incorrect, thank you.

Hope this helps.

May God bless

reallyregret