HIV Prevention Community
RE: Swollen lymph nodes, first appeared 4 days after unprotected sex
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

RE: Swollen lymph nodes, first appeared 4 days after unprotected sex

I had unprotected sex with a guy, during sex he split his foreskin a bit and a bit of his blood went inside me. Four days later I have developed a small pea sized swollen lymph node under my armpit. A few days after the first one another pea sized lymph node has appeared top of my elbow. I am absolutely petrified I may have hiv though during the same weekend I had sex with the guy I had come into contact with someone who had glandular fever, I have a few questions:

1). Do all lymph nodes swell at once if contracted HIV?
2). Is 4 days too early too see signs of HIV? Did contact with blood increase the amount of virus that could of initially got into my system?
3). I have a test for HIV and other STI's in 2 days from now ( will be 12 days since unprotected sex), if I am already showing symptoms, could a test show up positive?
4) Could terrible anxiety and worry have caused an additional lymph node to swell?

Thanks for reading, please help me put my worries at ease for at least a little while

Related Discussions
  • To Teak (6 replies):
    You say that a swollen lymph node cannot be identified b...[more]
  • lymph nodes (9 replies):
    I'll keep this short... My doc told me I have a lot ...[more]
  • very scare (5 replies):
    hello everybody... i have a possible exposure... i have ...[more]
  • HELP ME (8 replies):
    Hi, I am an 18 years old and i am afraid that I may have...[more]
  • lymph nodes (13 replies):
    hi i have been posting since the begining of my exposure...[more]
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
173692_tn?1371540094
Your symptoms came on way to early to be related to HIV.  You can obtain your conclusive negative test result 3 months post exposure.
Blank
Thanks teak that is really reassuring to hear, I keep thinking that the lymph nodes would be the first sign that there was the virus in my body, then later the other symptoms of HIV will appear. There is really no chance then that this could be related to HIV? Even if in contact with blood which has a higher amount of HIV in it than semen?
Blank
173692_tn?1371540094
ARS symptoms if one has them at all come on 2-4 weeks post exposure and last 1-2 weeks.
Blank
So swollen lymph nodes appearing before could be a sign ? I know that all I can do is wait but I swear I will be struggling to find a way to carry on living should symptoms appear .
Blank
173692_tn?1371540094
Don't be waiting on symptoms, not all people have symptoms, just obtain your conclusive test result. .
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...