RNA HIV Test
A week ago (October 4)  I had unprotected vaginal sex with a stranger ( who I have heard has had a large number of partners). It lasted for a very short period of time and I did not ejaculate.

Becasue I am stressed with the possibility of HIV infection I have considered taking an RNA test rather than waiting 12 weeks for the antibody test. I know that the results of the RNA test should not be the 'end all' to my anxiety but I feel that if i know something I would feel better.

My question is, is the RNA test reliable enough to hold me off until I can take the antibody test? and how likely do you think it is that I am infected?
Sorry to inform you, you still would need to take an antibody test at 3 months post exposure. PCR-RNA are supplemental tests that are used in conjunction with antibody tests.
Ok. do you think the RNA test is worth while? how often do the results differ?
No.