HIV Prevention Community
Rape Victim
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rape Victim

Hi I am an 18 year old girl who was raped(3 times without a condom) on June 11, 2007 on June 14 and Aug 4, 2007 I tested negative for hiv, This was my first sexual experience and I had a lot of bleeding. I contracted herpes from this event and now I have bacterial vaginal infection(treating with metronidazole)... I think I am getting flu like symptoms but not strong enough to keep me from working... What is your opinion... do I have hiv...
Related Discussions
32 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Only a test can tell. To be sure you should wait until the very end of October (12 weeks from last incident). I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Three times spread out over 3 months? Rough.
Blank
What date were u raped on...or are those the dates? or are those the dates u tested negative on?!

I Hope u are ok, like jag said in a situation like urs you should probably wait 12weeks to get tested to feel a 100% certain you do not have it. Im sure and hoping you'll be fine. As for ur symptoms, never really a good indicator as many people will tell u, but if u did have them it would be painful enough to most likely keep u away from work for a few days! But then again ur symptoms could also be related to the other infections u have been diagonsed with! Good luck! Get tested at 6 weeks past the last day you got raped? that will reassure u a lil!
Blank
I want to rephrase my comment. I now believe you were raped on 6-11-07. I find it hard to believe that you were raped 3 different dates so I'm going to assume the 2nd 2 dates were tests meaning you have an 8 week negative. This is very reassuring but you get your conclusive (negative) result at the very beginning of September to be sure.
Blank
Raped June 11th
TESTED June 14th and Aug 4th.....
is having a vaginal bacterical infection a bad sign?
Blank
I also contracted herpes from the MF that did this to me.  He also made me bleed during it too.  Herpes can give you flu like symptoms and make you VERY sick too. Are you taking any anti-viral medication to suppress HSV?

Anyone can get a bacterial infection.  I agree with Jag, get your conclusive test result @ 12-13 weeks.

Blank
what is pep?
Blank
I think they may be referring to HSV...?
Blank
Post-Exposure Prophylaxis

Blank
its sux yea... im takin suppressive did u get hiv?
Blank
You're taking PEP?
Blank
You wasn't given PEP or did you refuse it or did you not go into the ER after it happened?
Blank
I'm not sure if I have HIV yet or not.  I am not @ 12-13 weeks.  I did test NEGATIVE @ 9 weeks.

Blank
if that is the thing you take after 3 days after possibel exposure no
Blank
I am on sepressive meds for herpes but very worried about hiv!!!
Blank
SO TEAK do u think I have it or what?
Blank
What country do you live in?
Blank
No, I did NOT do PEP.  Why would your mom say NO if you were raped?
Blank
california, u.s.a
Blank
My I was 18 and my mother thought the side effects could be worse then if so I did not take it? ... so what do you thing?
Blank
You need to test out to 12 weeks post exposure to get a conclusive result.
Blank
Well good luck I know ur pain.... did you take pep? .. cuz i didnt.. mom said no
Blank
Are my symptoms bad... and what are the statistics?
Blank
Hah, no one here can cope with the worry.

:)

Welcome.
Blank
The doctor said the side effects could be really bad and it was not 100% for sure... why didnt you
Blank
I did know about it.  NO ONE offered it to me.  
I'm really sorry to hear that you were raped.  No one deserves that.  Keep up posted on your test results.
Blank
kaiser hiv 1+2 ab test... is it a good test... what is it officially called
Blank
219662_tn?1223862160
You did the right thing refusing PEP.
You can be pretty sure you don't have HIV.
Expect a negative on your 12-week test.
Blank
thanks guys
Im still gunna worry for a long time
i took the test at kaiser the hiv 1+ 2 ab test... is that a good test whats its official name?
How did you guys cope with the worry?
Blank
It's hard to cope.  I can totally empathize with you.  
Blank
Try not to worry about specific HIV tests. It'll do you no good. I'm sure Kaiser Soze uses a more than acceptable test.
Blank
oral sores what are they like?
Blank
Hi I went thought the samething but it was another guy raped me . it's sad to hear what happen to you , gave it to gods hands , peace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank