Rare type!?

Today,when looking at the medhelp archives, i saw a guy who said that there was a rare type of HIV that could not be DETECTED by the HIV antibody test!!!  0MG , i flipped! The fact that i could get tested after 3 months and know my status was driving me this whole month. Is this true that there is a rare type/strain of HIV that cannot be detected ? I really need your responses. Any scientific data will help a lot. Is it possible that i be infected with HIV and not know about it at all?? This is really killing me.

Really worried guy.
No and move along.
A little bit more info could help. How sure are you teak? Are u 100% sure?
So a negative HIV 1 and 2 test at 3 months is conclusive ? Why is it that many people were talking about that rare strain of HIV?
They aren't. Just because there is a rare subtype doesn't mean antibodies can't be detected as in N,P both were detected with the ELISA test.
sorry, i don't get you. You mean antibodies for N and P type can't be detected by the standard antibody test?
Hi Wassup1234, now in my opinion the reason we know that group N and P exist is because somebody tested positive on a standard antibody test and subsequent genotype testing found the virus was distinct from known groups. However, because there are so few samples of N and P blood then the current tests can't be properly evaluated for their sensitivity in detecting these strains. So that's why the tests can detected them but, they can't state that they can.
Thank you. But the point is ,should i be concerned? Is a standard antibody test at 3 months conclusive? If it's negative, how can i be sure that i've not been infected with this rare HIV strain that cannot be detected?
As you were told before there are no rare strains that cannot be detected.

FORUM GUIDELINES
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.