HIV Prevention Community
Rash on the neck

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Rash on the neck

I had an unprotected vaginal sex two weeks ago and I've developed some rash on both side of my neck two weeks after the exposure. The rash looks like: http://www.hivrashes.org/hiv-rashes-on-face.

However, from what I read, the HIV rash is supposed to generally spread. I only got some rashes (not too much) on my neck. I also have sore throat and slight diaherra (diarrhea), but no fever.

I am wondering whether this picture in the blog looks like typical ARS rash? I also read somewhere saying that fever is always accompanies with rash or sore throat, is it correct?

I know symptoms are meaningless, but please forgive the upset heart.

Just test at 6 weeks and again at 3 months when you will receive a conclusive result.In future play it safe and use protection.All the best.
I had almost the same situation with you. No fever, but rash on the neck. I also have sore throat and slight diaherra (diarrhea) (diarrhea).
But my exposure is oral sex and mutal masturbation, which I got my partner's sperm on my penis.
I am very worried as you are.

I understand the importance of the test. But I want to know more about my symptoms. Could somebody shed some light?

Could Teak and Lizzie help?

I,ll shed some light.Symptoms aren,t going to tell you anything about your Hiv status only an Hiv test at 3 months post-exposure will do that and you have already been told this.
Thanks, appreciate your kindness. That's my fault to repeat the question.

However, may I ask another one?

I am wondering the correlation between Hiv and foreskin. Usually I always use condoms (except the one I mentioned). I'm sure the condom does not break. But I am uncircumcised and my foreskin is long. I always pull back the foreskin before putting on the condom. Sometimes during the sex, I lost my erection a little bit (penis softer, but not all erection loss), and the condom slipped down a little bit (not off).

Is there any risk for that kind of situation?

Cheers