HIV Prevention Community
Recurring Night Sweats

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Recurring Night Sweats

I posted a previous question about a high risk sexual experience two months ago.

I'm a 25 year old male, had unprotected vaginal sex two months ago, and I'm nervously waiting through the last month.

Since that exposure, I've had some degree of sweating at night once a week to once every two weeks. It's winter, but I live in a cool climate that doesn't require heating, so the temperature of my bedroom isn't really a factor (19c most nights).

On most occasions, I've just assumed it was caused by working out a few hours before bed or drinking before sleep, but the last two nights haven't involved either.

Naturally, I am jumping to conclusions because I am worried about the worst possible result.

I can't say that I ever felt like I had a fever or other kind of symptoms. And the sweats have only been "drenching" one time. All other times, I just wake up feeling cold and damp. Maybe I'm having more of a sleep disorder problem because sometimes when I sweat, I can't seem to stay asleep for more than a few hours at a stretch. When I wake up suddenly, sometimes I'm sweaty, sometimes I'm not.

I know you're not supposed to diagnose from symptoms, I know I should just wait out the last month and get tested, but I'm also worried and want some reassurance.

So does this kind of sweating at night seem at all similar to what one could expect from a new HIV infection?
Night sweats occur for many diferent reasons.Hiv is never diagnosed on the basis of symptoms alone-you know that.Only the test result in a month,s time will provide you with the answer you seek-you know that to.
it seems night sweat is due to ur anxious mentality just like exam fevers. With a single symptom you cant conclude yourself as infected.
Yeah, I know. Waiting just sucks and I wanted some reassurance. Thanks guys.
Well ARS symptoms have no "batches", so if you have them, you'll have them for 1-2 weeks long continuously, but let's see the result because as you know, HIV isn't diagnosable by symptoms.