HIV Prevention Community
Results f/u and need for further testing

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

5 weeks after unprotected sex with a SW my RNA HIV load is negative and my ELISA also negative. Some doctors have told me there is no need to test any more. However I read about the need for the 12 week ELISA.  Should I re-test again? I continue to experience constitutional symptoms inclucing fatigue, myalgias, and burning skin sensation with tenderness at touch in neck and shoulders + joints seem to bother me + my hands (palms) look "blush" as if I had a rash.
Thank you
3 months post exposure is when you can obtain your conclusive negative test result.
Thanks for your comment. I am curious to know why are you so oppossed to experts in this forum when they state that a ELISA at 4-6 weeks is conclusive of a negative test. I do understand the CDC guidelines but not sure I understand why you are so reluctant to agree that most pts negative at 4-6 weeks will neber go on to chnage their ELISA status. In addition if you add a test that measures viral replication that 99.99% of the time must be elevated within the first 4-6 weeks after infection occurs.

I am not trying to challenge you, I just want to know if you have information that HIV experts in this forum dont have.

Regardless you do a phenomenal job with your concise and objective points
Have my 82 day ELISA comeback negative- DO I still need an additional one at the 90 day mark?
No you do not need any additional testing.
Thank you Teak. Happy and Healthy 2013.