Results f/u and need for further testing
5 weeks after unprotected sex with a SW my RNA HIV load is negative and my ELISA also negative. Some doctors have told me there is no need to test any more. However I read about the need for the 12 week ELISA.  Should I re-test again? I continue to experience constitutional symptoms inclucing fatigue, myalgias, and burning skin sensation with tenderness at touch in neck and shoulders + joints seem to bother me + my hands (palms) look "blush" as if I had a rash.
Thank you
3 months post exposure is when you can obtain your conclusive negative test result.
Thanks for your comment. I am curious to know why are you so oppossed to experts in this forum when they state that a ELISA at 4-6 weeks is conclusive of a negative test. I do understand the CDC guidelines but not sure I understand why you are so reluctant to agree that most pts negative at 4-6 weeks will neber go on to chnage their ELISA status. In addition if you add a test that measures viral replication that 99.99% of the time must be elevated within the first 4-6 weeks after infection occurs.

I am not trying to challenge you, I just want to know if you have information that HIV experts in this forum dont have.

Regardless you do a phenomenal job with your concise and objective points
Have my 82 day ELISA comeback negative- DO I still need an additional one at the 90 day mark?
No you do not need any additional testing.
Thank you Teak. Happy and Healthy 2013.