I had a risk 4 weeks ago with a Nigerian CSW (in Nigeria). I paid to have sex with her, it was short time (maximum 1 minute before ejaculations). She felt me cum as she got off (she is top) without asking me; a condom was used but think this may have broke, because of her reaction, i am not sure.
* 1 week after I had bad headache, fever up to 38.5 and aching back. (WBC test low)
* At 10 days fever and headache gone, but side rash and sore throat come for 5 days.
* at 15 days Sore throat goes away (lasted 5-6 days) and low grade fever comes for 3 days (max 38, but always between 37-38)
* Feeling of tiredness continues for 1 extra week and become pain in my elbow joints and some fingers
* Now at 3.5-4 weeks I have penis thrush (or Balantis) and aching knee joints like atheritis - rash still present but very faint - still tiredness
Does this sound like ARS symptoms? - I cannot get test until February, can someone help my anxiety please.
This lady is sure to have HIV (high rate in Nigeria) - I wish I check condom.
Thank you all
Could my penis thrush be caused by Doxycycline? I took 200mg a day by accident for 1 week before continuing 100mg a day for Malaria prevention, could this of caused my penis thrush at 3-4 weeks after exposure?
Thanks Teak, I do hope you are right; I guess it is just a coincidence; I know my symptoms are similar to that of ARS but 6-7 days is too early to start and then to have staggered symptoms is not common, am I correct?
Thanks Teak, you provide a great assistance to people here. I know symptoms do not diagnose HIV, I have just never experienced anything like this.
I also had lymph nodes swelling and rib pain which I didnt mention, but I guess it doesn't change anything.
Thanks for your advice, I am beginning to come to terms with my apparent lack of risk. I am now pretty sure the CSW would of told me if the condom had broken & also felt it myself (there was not a lot of alcohol involved)
You really are a stalwart of this forum and your sometimes brash but extremely well informed answers should be respected.
Should I still get tested at 3 months for piece of mind or is it unnecessary?
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
* After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
* Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
* Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.