HIV Prevention Community
Risk of HIV after unprotected encounter?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I am absolutely terrified I might have contracted HIV from an encounter a few months ago.  I made out with this guy I've known for a while. I ended up giving him oral without a condom (he did not ejaculate). His penis was maybe an inch or two inside my vagina (without a condom) for thirty seconds before I told him to stop and that I didn't want to have sex. I gave him a hand job and he ejaculated on my stomach. I know this is graphic- believe me, I don't enjoy typing this. Anyway, I found out a few days ago that he is HIV positive. I'm petrified. I am a type 1 diabetic- an HIV diagnosis on top of that would just be horrible. I wanted to take a home HIV test but I'm a few days (maybe a week) shy of the 3-month mark. What are the chances I did actually contract HIV? Can I go ahead and take a home test or should I wait a few days? Any advice?
Wait till you get to the 3 month mark and it will be conclusive.
I would not be surprised at all if you test hiv negative.
Okay, just as an update: I got too anxious and paranoid, so I went ahead and took the oraquick test. The results were negative. So after the initial feeling of relief, I realized I'm not necessarily out of the woods yet. When should I test again? In a week? At the 6-month mark?
3 month mark and it will be conclusive.
.

Just so you know there are women who have children from hiv positive men, both knowingly, and because of the meds neither the woman nor the child get hiv. Just a random fact.