Risk of oral sex while having sore throat.
Hi all, just want to briefly say thank you for all the quick responses you give to stressed people like myself!

I recently spoke to a doctor in a gum clinic in the UK and he pretty much agreed with this forum's stance on oral sex with an HIV+ person. I've begun a relationship with an HIV+ guy (with an undetectable viral load) so I've had to educate myself and this forum has been very helpful.

I'm still nervous about giving oral sex to my new partner, however last night I did, despite having a bit of a sore throat which other sites flag up as a risk factor.

I tasted some pre-cum, and quickly stopped.

Specifically to this sore throat situation, should I be in any sense concerned?

I know that the replies on here are usually short since you're all busy, but if you could elaborate slightly on why there's such a different type of advice between the information on this forum and that of the CDC for example, it would be really helpful.

Thank you all again!
by Emily_MHModerator,
And to clarify, it is this site's stance, based on studies and our own MedHelp experts (all of whom are world-renowned for their work in this field), that oral sex carries no risk for HIV.  
Emily
Thank you, Teak (and Emily by proxy)!

Teak, I know you keep your responses short which is completely fine but just out of curiosity, if anyone can explain why sites such as the CDC and even the UK's NHS insist on posting more cautious information I'd be really interested. Is it just to cover themselves legally or have not enough formal studies been carried out?

Anyway, that's just something that's been puzzling me. Thank you again, your work on here really is appreciated so thanks.