HIV Prevention Community
Risky exposure (please help!!!) :(((

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Risky exposure (please help!!!) :(((

On 12 of August,  I had an unprotected vaginal sex with a 17 years old British  girl in Scotland who i met in the facebook with unknown HIV and status. One week after the exposure, i felt fatigue, cloudy urine, abdominal pain, no appetite, pain after masturbation, right tonsile pain and itchy rash on my arms. then I went to the doctor and they test me for chlamydia and gonorrhea, 7 days and 12 days after exposure and all came back negative and they gave me a course of doxycycline for possible testicle infection. When i took those tablets, my fatigue, cloudy urine, abdominal pain, no appetite, pain after masterbation (masturbation) removed but right tonsile pain and itchy rash on my arms stay until now.
I have done 5 HIV blood test until now and all of them came back negative:
20 days after exposure (HIV 1&2 ab) 3rd generation (blood donation center)
26 days after exposure HIV DUO test AB/AG 4th generation (NHS hospital)
38 days after exposure HIV DUO test AB/AG 4th generation (Spire hospital) + syphilis
54 days after exposure (HIV 1&2 ab) 3rd generation (NHS GUM clinic) + syphilis
60 days after exposure (HIV 1&2 ab) insti blood test (Superdrug pharmacy)
I am not using any drug or any therapy and did not have any chronic disease.
I would like to know, is it enough to be sure that i am HIV negative or I still need to retest.

Thank you
3 months post--exposure will be conclusive but with all those negative results i would expect that you will be negative again when you take your final test.
These days its 6-8 weeks after exposure for HIV testing. In all reality, if you are negative at 4-6 weeks, chances are very high that you'll be negative later on. Average seroconversion time is 25 days. So you're safe and good. If I were you, I would not test again. You've already been overtested
The OP must test out to 3 months because that is still the official HIV window period for a conclusive result.
Thank you for your kind answer. However, when i discuss with any of health care professional (HIV and STD specialist in UK GUM clinics), they recommend no more HIV test. I am just confused.
I dont really know to accept their advise or follow your posts in medhelp or the other websites.
some people like TEAK and his idea about HIV scare me too much.
all of the doctors i met in UK GUM clinics repeatedly say that your idea about 3 months window period is old and with new testing methods is very conservative and also they mention that most of the people who change their results from negative to positive after 8 weeks using oral liquid test instead of 4th generation blood test.
I dont want to convince myself that i am negative conclusively but i am confused between your comments and HIV specialist ideas.
UK Fourth Generation  Testing
http://www.bhiva.org/documents/Guidelines/Testing/GlinesHIVTest08.pdf
Post testing
Page 11
The need for a repeat HIV test if still within the window period after a specific exposure should be discussed. Although fourth generation tests shorten the time from exposure to seroconversion a repeat test at three months is still recommended to definitively exclude HIV infection.
would you please let me know your comments pls.
Doctors in the Uk have been using the DUO test for years but official UK guidelines still say 3 months--there are no shortcuts as far as hiv window periods are concerned.
i accept your reference, but why all of the HIV specialist who i met in GUM clinics (more than 3) recommend no more testing
The tests are approved for early detection it did not change the guidelines for a conclusive negative test result.
they also warn me if i request one more test, they will send me to psychologist. :(((((
thank you

i will retest at 13 week and let you know about my results.

regards
Your lucky you got that many tests from them. Although you do not pay for them directly, they are not free and do cost the NHS large sums of money for pointless testing. The NHS are very clear on testing times, one test at 12 weeks and they never say less than that.
i have paid for 3 of them about 500 £
i dont want to complain because i dont really know about HIV and thats a reason that i have just asked.
yes i have seen 3 months in NHS testing sheets, but the facts that 3 of their HIV specialist said to me is not equal to your comments in medhelp.
they told me 3 months window period for new blood tests is very conservative and old and it will probably change to shorter times in the guidelines next year due to the new research during 2011-2013.
I hold a PhD but not in medicine and i know sometimes many people have different ideas about a specific subject which is not consistent.
and as i mentioned i will take 13 weeks final test and let all of you know about the results.
regards
Well its unlikely they will change the guidelines as its down to the manufacture to prove the effectiveness of the tests on a shorter time scale. This would involve large sums of money, so I cant see why they would bother.

So for now, you will find the credible sites stick to the CDC guidelines, better safe than sorry as they say :)
update:
10 weeks Insti blood test (NEGATIVE)
what do you think?
hi
what is your idea about my question?
hi
just want to update that my 15 week (105 days) insti HIV test is negative.
can I consider myself conclusively HIV negative now? or I need further testing?

regards
hi RainLover71

regards
Yes you're done testing !
You don't have HIV.You can relax now.
Update:
19 weeks HIV ELISA (antibody) test negative.
is it enough? or i need to test again at 24 weeks?
Reread the replies you have already been given.