HIV Prevention Community
Roche or Vidas?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Roche or Vidas?

hi guys
i have a question about Hiv Duo Tests.I had a hiv duo test at 4 weeks(1 day short) and found out from the Dr in the lab that it was done by the ROCHE manufacturer.

i have read about Vidas and Abott also.
anyways i want to know is more accurate when it comes to sensitivity ROCHE or VIDAS??
which is a better and reliable company?

i was reading this and it confused me about hiv duo tests.please have a look at the link posted below.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=427870

thanks.
One is no more accurate than the other.
means?i didnt get your answer?did you see the link?
Did you look at the date? Move on... You didn't have a risk.
u mean to say that as it was way back in 2002-2003,the tests have improved over time and that the false rate has reduced in duo since that time?
any answer?
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.