HIV Prevention Community
Rough, prolonged oral with CSW

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Rough, prolonged oral with CSW

On Dec. 1st I received a very rough unprotected blowjob from a white female CSW for around 45 mins. She was an escort that worked by appointment. There was a lot of saliva involved (very much) and I did ejaculate in her mouth at the end. She was a meth user and said she primarily smoked but had injected before. There was no noticeable blood in the saliva during the process. There was no other sexual contact involved.

After about a week, I developed a mild sore throat with a slightly swollen right tonsil and slightly swollen right lymph node under my jaw. I also had mild headaches around my eyes. I went to an urgent care clinic and they diagnosed it as pharyngitis. There was no fever at all. The sore throat and symptoms declined after about 1.5 weeks.

On Dec. 26th (25 days after incident), I woke up with a very swollen right tonsil and swollen right lymph node under my jaw. I again had no fever. There was no sore throat, but only a little discomfort when swallowing. The day after that, I saw an urgent care provider and they again said is was pharyngitis again. They prescribed a z-PAC and gave me a strep test, which came back negative. I began taking the z-PAC, and shortly after I felt nauseated and dizzy. I don't know if it was from the pills or not. There was no fever throughout the swelling. The swelling in my throat and neck went away after about 4 to 5 days. Then, I had another dizzy/nausea spell 8 later on Jan. 4. That was 5 days after taking my last dose of the z-PAC. I was also very drowsy and had 'brain fog' the following week. This may have been from anxiety.

I did travel on a very crowded airplane on Dec. 22nd and 29th (holiday season), so I'm hoping that these symptoms were due to a viral cold or flu infection, and could also be attributed to the fact that I drank/smoked somewhat heavily on the 23rd-25th, but I am worried about possible exposure to HIV from the encounter with the CSW. I'm also very worried about the bouts of nausea and dizziness that seem to have suddenly manifested without warning (especially the 2nd one, days after I stopped taking the z-PAC and didn't have swelling in the throat or neck anymore). Do these symptoms coincide with seroconversion? Do you believe I should be worried about the prolonged, rough oral sex I received from a CSW? Any reassurance and advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
HIV is not transmitted by oral sex
Thank you. The anxiety I have from the symptoms that followed is just really affecting me.