HIV Prevention Community
STABBED BY NEEDLE

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

STABBED BY NEEDLE

Dear Sir,

I was travelling in India on 28Th Jan 2009. While in sleep, if Felt a pain near my foot,but did not woke up as pain was not very high.

Next Day, i felt it could a needle ***** & hence shown to a Doctor. From a wound( A red spot) , he said it is difficult to identify whether it was a needle *****.

I took Elisa on 37th Day ( 5 weeks, 2 Days) which can back negative .

My questions  are :

1) If it was needle *****, would i have realised it so as to wake-up from sleep ?
2) Is 37 days conclusive  or should do a 3 months test.

Regards,

Sanjay
i have to ask...if for no other reason than curiosity.  if you thought you were stuck by a needle in a bed...did you not look to see what might have stuck you?????

you are worrying needlessly or something that you have "imagined" might have happened.

testing is not needed.
Avatar n tn
1) I think it was light pain & hence do not woke-up. Is needle-*****  low pain phenomenon?
2) Is 37 days -ve test a good indicator ?
Yeah, I don't think you were stuck by a needle anyway
now you know good and well that someone on the internet cannot say if YOU would have woken up if stuck by a needle...geeeeeeez.  i know that i would have.

when someone has a REAL exposure (which you did not)...3 months is conclusive.
Avatar n tn
Thanks & isssue can be closed.....