HIV Prevention Community
STD from sharing a drink? [cold sore + throat feels like it's clos...

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

STD from sharing a drink? [cold sore + throat feels like it's closing]

Help. There was someone who ordered a drink and had my friend try it, who then had be try it [I can't remember if the original person who ordered the drink has tried it yet- so it may have just been my friend that took a sip before I did] --I just remembered this happened this week [today is Sunday and the drink happened on Wednesday].

Normally I always get sick from sharing drinks with other people- which is why I tend not to share drinks but this time I did- and was a little surprised when I didn't get sick [I made sure to take a small sip]. However.. I now have a cold sore/blister on the inside of my lip in my mouth and I have felt my throat closing up for a while now ever since. HELP. I am not sexually active but I believe my friend and her friend are- I just have no idea or have forgotten if it is possible to catch an STD from sharing a drink. Please let me know.
thank you.
Help. There was someone who ordered a drink and had my friend try it, who then had ME try it [I can't remember if the original person who ordered the drink HAD tried it yet- so it may have just been my friend who took a sip before I did] --I just remembered 'sharing drinks' happened this week [today is Sunday and the drink happened on Wednesday].

this forum is hiv specific and you had NO risk.  hiv is not transmitted from sharing drinks / food.