Scared if I have HIV or just a viral infection
I was sick about 10 days ago, I had slight fever, severe sore throat, nauseated, headaches, sensitive to sounds, fatigue, and I began to vomit but I think that was due to being so nauseated. I went to the ER 9 days ago, they put me on IV and gave me medicine for nausea, and pain. They tested me for strep, then mono, both tests were negative. I am still having headaches everyday, occasional nausea, throat pain sometimes and all around fatigue but unable to sleep well.
The doctor prescribed me antibiotics, pills for the nausea, and painkillers.
I am almost done the antibiotics but I am starting to worry about what I have. I am freaking out with the possibilities of what could be wrong with me.
Could it just have been a virus, or viral infection? Or worst case scenario could I have HIV?
I am a sexual active gay male, and the possibility of STD/HIV is always a concern.
I am going get tested today in few hours and I am extremely nervous and scared.
Well you have to provide more detail like so you or have you had unprotected anal sex? Condom breaks?