HIV Prevention Community
Scared if I have HIV or just a viral infection

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I was sick about 10 days ago, I had slight fever, severe sore throat, nauseated, headaches, sensitive to sounds, fatigue, and I began to vomit but I think that was due to being so nauseated. I went to the ER 9 days ago, they put me on IV and gave me medicine for nausea, and pain. They tested me for strep, then mono, both tests were negative. I am still having headaches everyday, occasional nausea, throat pain sometimes and all around fatigue but unable to sleep well.
The doctor prescribed me antibiotics, pills for the nausea, and painkillers.
I am almost done the antibiotics but I am starting to worry about what I have. I am freaking out with the possibilities of what could be wrong with me.
Could it just have been a virus, or viral infection? Or worst case scenario could I have HIV?
I am a sexual active gay male, and the possibility of STD/HIV is always a concern.
I am going get tested today in few hours and I am extremely nervous and scared.
Well you have to provide more detail like so you or have you had unprotected anal sex? Condom breaks?