HIV Prevention Community
Scared of a previous exposure

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Scared of a previous exposure

Hello Folks,

I am baffled with a question in my mind related to HIV since a long time. I had protected sex with a CSW and I experienced symptoms of flu and tiredness after three weeks of exposure. I was tired and my enegry levels went down and had some nose bleeds. I got tested for HIV after 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 12 weeks and again after 7 months which all came negative. All those were Western Blot tests and many websites were saying that there are not reliable. Please help me understand if I need to go for another testing now.

In the recent time after 1.5 year of my HIV exposure I started experiencing extereme dizziness, tiredness, nose bleeds, low platelet count and becacme really sick. I had many tests done but nothing seems to show up. I noticed that there is an epstein barr virus test that came back positive and indicated a previous exposure. I am scared if therse symptoms are due to HIV now. Was my previous test result valid?

I never had a sexual exposure later. Please help me undertand the reason for my low platelet count and extreme fatigue and dizziness and also ocassional dhierrea

. Thank you.

Mr. Concerned
you never had a risk and were told that back in march of 2012
hi Lizzie,

Many of the websites talks about the Western Blot test and they say that the western blot is a confirmatory test and it is done to validate elisa. I m not able to understand how would this be done at my clinic. All the five tests they ordered were all western blot. My Vitamin B12 went down, my platelet counbt went down, my ferritin levels went down, I am having numbness and tingling on my legs and extreme fatigue in legs. This is literally driving me nuts. Please suggest what do you want me to reassure my self? Again testing?

Please let me know. Thank you. I used the condom though but i did not understand why I became sick after my sexual exposure.

Let me know please.
your "symptoms" are NOT hiv related...end of story