HIV Prevention Community
Scared with Possible HIV Exposure At 17

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Scared with Possible HIV Exposure At 17

Okay, so to start off I'm a male, 17 years old. For 3 years I've had a bi-curious partner experimenting with oral sex. I know oral sex is no risk really but recently in the last 8-10 months, we've started engaging in frottage. Basically, I would insert my P**is in and out of his butt crack touching his anus but avoiding penetration. There were several times I was stupid and attempted to enter him while frottaging without a condom, but by the time it started to even penetrate where my p**is didn't even enter his anus more then a half an inch, he would yell "Ouch, stop!", and I would immediately and continue to frottage with him. Now that would be my concern with my exposure. Here's the thing. My "partner" is not sexually active. We are not MSM or gay nor bisexual. We are straight but, I don't know, we only enjoy experimenting with each other and only each other, no other guys ever. He happened to lose his virginity with a girl on April 22nd. A condom was used and it did not fail but the girl cheated on her boyfriend with my "partner" so there is a good chance she has gotten around. She was 17 too. Considering the fact that the condom did not break with him and his sex experience, it last no more then 5 minutes, and it was his only other partner besides me ever, could there be a chance he could of contracted HIV and then infected me through our experience? Because 3 weeks after my exposure with him, I got a swollen gland on each side of my neck like I usually do when my allergies bother my, along with a post nasal drip and stuffy nose. What concerned me was that the lymph node directly below my chin a little above my thyroid swelled up to the size of a pea but it was visible in a mirror when I looked up to the ceiling. IT has gone done tremendously two and a half weeks later. No other symptoms really have occurred other then slight muscle and joint pain but I'm an athlete, and slight nausea probably from the dip. I know ARS usually last 2 weeks tops on rare occasions and usually last about a couple of days to a week. It is the summer and allergies in the summer are always present. Should I be concerned about my exposure? Even though he has had sex one time protected? Please let me know about my risk/should I be concerned. I've been advised on ************.com by the pros there that say I had no risk since he had protected sex and being 17 he was more then likely not infected with HIV at birth and he DOES NOT do syringe use drugs and that I should stop worrying and I shouldn't even bother testing. Also, when it comes to swollen lymph nodes and ARS, do they disappear too when ARS is finished? I just want to get one more opinion on this before I can relax. Thanks
You had no risk and do not need to test. But you absolutely must use a condom every single time you have sex even if no penetration is "planned."

You stated............"There were several times I was stupid and attempted to enter him while frottaging without a condom........"

You most definitely got THAT part right!

Thank you! Additional feedback from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks again my friend for the help:)
Your question was answered there is nothing more that needs to be said.
Sorry, thank you to Teak and Greenlydia! I appreciate the feedback:)
Wait, so even though I said I entered him, but no more then a half an inch probably and for no more then 4 seconds or so at a time, there should be no worry? Just confused I'm sorry
Had you penetrated him you would have known.
No, I know I penetrated. That was my point. It was never ever full, and I never went halfway pass the tip of my penis. Probably less since he would yell at me to stop because he doesn't like anal. Like I said, I was concerned and wanted to know if I should get tested even though he had straight-sex once before, protected and 2 months before this last encounter.
Penetration is when your penis goes past the Sphincter Muscle .
All I know is that it went in, but no more then half the tip of my penis more then likely less then that. Enough for him to say "Ouch, stop!" but I'm guessing the Sphincter muscle is deeper in the anus then an inch or less upon entrance?
I just know it went in. I felt it get tight and I could feel it open a little, but again, he would stop me immediately but the farthest I've ever gone in was no more then half the tip of my penis.
If you had penetrative sex you can test and get your conclusive negative test 3 months post exposure.
Thank you, I can see you obviously still feel I had no risk even with penetration and now I definitely feel a lot better knowing you fully understand what is going on haha. Thank you
Start using condoms before you do contract HIV.
Since you have stated, several times, that "I know I penetrated," then, as Teak has told you, get tested at 3 months post your last exposure.
There is absolutely nothing else to discuss.
Except, perhaps, to get yourself educated about HIV and take responsibility for your actions.
Thank you, I appreciate it a lot. So last time, I promise, without bothering you, and if I have I apologize. So basically from my story, even with my penetration, slight and brief, there is no worry? I'm just 17 and concerned and there is so much going on, I'm sorry.
You asking if contracting HIV is nothing to worry about?
No, no, not at all. I ment considering the fact that my partner has had one other partner, a girl, they had sex once, protected for 5 minutes. Then, we together, experiment but with my risk of HIV with the penetration even though it was brief and I barely penetrated, the odds are in my favor considering the facts I've stated?? I would also like to mention I spoke to hi to nights ago and he actually informed me I'm freaking over nothing because he is fine. He has had sex once in his life protected and had 2 partners...me and the girl he had sex with and never showed any symptoms and nothing crossed his mind once about anything.
Symptoms or lack of is meaningless. The only way to know your status is by testing.