HIV Prevention Community
Scratches & mutual masturbation
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Scratches & mutual masturbation

Dear Team,

My cat scratched my forehead in the morning and, later in the afternoon, I hooked up with another man.
All we did was to masturbate one another, no oral or anal. I am concerned if some of his precum fluid splashed onto my scratch that I am at a risk of contracting HIV do to the scratch being fresh? It was not a deep scratch but it had only happened a few hours ago. Could you please advise me?
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You never had an exposure.
Blank
Thank you for your quick response and for all the good work that you do allaying people's fears.  One quick question however - Does the fact that the scratch was fresh and had not scabbed over alter the equation?  
Blank
NO.
Blank
Thank you Teak.  I really appreciate it.
Blank
I am still unclear as to why my incident was not at risk for HIV. The wound was a pretty good size and it had bled a few hours prior to my hooking up.  Also, the wound was still raw and not scabbed over. Would you mind clarifying why there was no risk with this incident? Thanks.
Blank
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.
Blank
My BF is Job positive.   He was was brushing hid teeth and gums.    Blood came from his gums.    He then clean his gums with peroxide and Epson salt.      I was showing him my feet that my toes can siding out.    He put his mouth on my toe to suck it. But I took it out.   I checked to see if I have a cut.  With preoxide, it did not bubble up.   I also put alcohol it did not burn.    I did this to see if I had any cut on my toes.     I am worried be causes when he spat in the sink later, there was a little blood in his salival.   Am I at risk.
Blank
Hello Teak, My BF is HIV. HE was cleaning his  gums.   And he spat out blood on the sink but then he cleaned is gums with preoxide and epsol salt. He  Put his mouth on my toes but I pulled them out.   When he went to the sink he spit. There was a little blood in his spit.    

I did washed my toe with preoxide and alcohol.   There were no burning or bubbling from the preoxide or alcohol.  I guess this means I did not have a cut. Am I at risk.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank