HIV Prevention Community
Seroconversion

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Seroconversion

I know for a fact that seroconversion beyond 6 months is rare. What about seroconversion beyond 3 months? For example 3 months and 2 days, will any symptoms that occur be considered as ARS symptoms at this time??
What was your exposure?
my exposure was protected anal and unprotected oral. which one is true? seroconversion after 3 months is rare or 6 months is rare? so far i've read 6 months is rare but not 3 months.
You never nad an eposure.
thanks for the reply. but can you answer the question about seroconversion? is more than 3 months possible to be considered as late seroconversion for majority of people?all i read is by 6 weeks and 6 months. which one is correct?
The average times is 22 days but can take up to 3 months.
sorry because english is not my first language. by "up to 3 months" means 22 days TO and BEFORE 3 months right? So it's safe to say more than 3 months is pretty rare?
It means with in 3 months (90 days).
Thanks. I got it now.