HIV Prevention Community
Sex with a sex worker ( Condom )

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Sex with a sex worker ( Condom )

Hi, at first i want to thank you all for your attention .I had sex with a sex worker on 05/03 , i used condom and it did not break. I had two intercourses, the first ocurred during two minutes aprox. and the second 5 minutes aprox. I am concerned because of the thoughts i have listed bellow:

1 - Before we start sex, she went to the bathroom and i heard she washing her vagina, and i think she used some lubricant and i dont know what kind was it . In case of it was an oil-based one, considering the time of the intercourse, 2 and later 5 minutes (obviously with one condom for each intercourse)what is the risk that i was exposed to hiv? non existent ?,rare ?, very very low ?, low?, medium or High? Can the oil do a damage to the condom so fast that the virus can pass thru and infect me?

2 - After the first intercourse, i slid my index finger and the thumb over the condom and touched the liquid ( i dont know if it was lubricant she used, vaginal fluid (i think she didnt get excited sexually)or the condom lubricant or even all mixed . I touched the top of a long neck beer i was drinking. I ask, My lips were chapped i drank the beer, is it possible get infected this way?

3- is it possible a person get infected using a condom during all sexual act and the condom dont break?

i will really appreciate your comments.

regards,

Luiz
Certain oils can damage the condom, but when it gets damaged it breaks.
1. If the condom didn't break no risk and how do you know what a vagina beign washed sounds like?

2. No

3. No, that is why you are advised to use condoms.
I´ve been reading in many forums such as www.thebody.com, and they say that oil can damage the condom, and the person could be infected because of the pores that results from the contact between latex and oil. What is your opinion about that information scientificly speaking?