HIV Prevention Community
Should I get tested at the 3 month period or not?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

On 01/31/2013 I slept with someone I met off the internet. We used a condom during vaginal sex however we did use a condom during oral sex. There was deep-throating (something I'm not used to so it felt a bit uncomfortable). Also there was analingus (I was receiving, he was giving). During the oral sex, he came and I swallowed the semen.

On 03/17/2013 I got an ELISA AB test done which came back negative.

Today (04/09/2013) I got an oraquick advance rapid hiv-1/2 antibody test done.

My concern is it possible that the deepthroating which felt somewhat uncomfortable since it was my first time trying it, could that have caused small tears in my mouth (gums,etc) or my throat so that if he did have HIV, it could have infected me that way from the semen that I swallowed?

Another question is Since these last two tests came back negative, I only have 17 days left till I hit the 3 month period (84 days)...should I even bother to get tested? I'm pretty healthy aside from the fact that I do have HSV-1 (had it since I was a child, haven't had an outbreak in over a decade).
I'm sorry I met to say that we did NOT use a condom during oral sex
You do not have a HIV concern. Oral sex without a condom is no risk for HIV. You do not need to test.
Thanks.

More so for future reference, would the deepthroating be enough to cause tears in the throat for HIV to infect? In this case, there was plenty of saliva to act as lube. If you don't know the answer to that question, I do apologize for asking it.
Saliva contains certain enzymes which render the HIV virus inactive, oral sex is considered safe as far as HIV is concerned.
Play safe and stay safe :)