HIV Prevention Community
Should i be worried?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Should i be worried?

Ok I tested negative twice for HIV back at the end of October. Since then I was with a girl a few nights ago...12/27. She climaxed via my fingers and then we had protected sex. Here is where it  gets confusing because I was drunk..As I recall I was attempting to do it anally and the condom broke as I was applying pressure so I just took it off and she finished up orally. Her story is that as soon as I entered her vagina (yes I know I thought we do it anally) the condom broke and i took it out. She said it broke near my stomach but i recall the tip but i am not 100%. After all was said and done i went to wash up and noticed i had bloody fingers and the condom was bloody. My questions are, Am i at a serious risk here? Like if the condom broke with the blood on it and it could somehow get in the tip of my penis? or if it broke in her vagina but i took it out Immediately?...I heard it break so does that mean i was inside of her since i heard the snap? The next 5 days starting the day after we had sex i basically have no energy and just want to lay down, my temperature is usually around 98 but the other night it was 99 so i don't now if that counts as a low fever?, I have diarrhea type stool and i just don't feel right. I have read it takes 2 weeks for symptoms to show but is it possible to see any the next day or am I just very nervous? I know I should just go get tested which I am going to do but i cant go for a few days and i was just looking for some reassurance. She is coming with me and getting tested also.
Tags: worried, HIV
It's a good idea to get tested, but your risk was probably not that high.  Your symptoms came on too early and the fever with ARS is usually 101+. A test at 3 months is conclusive for you and your partner. Everything will be ok.
if it broke in her vagina but you took it out Immediately your are no risk  
Well the part that worried me was that there was blood in her vagina not just semen. Same risk or is it higher with blood? I am circumcised and have no cuts on that area...I am just worried because she said she doesn't use condoms because she is on the pill.........................
When i mentioned getting tested to her, she told me that she had went to her gynecologist a month ago for a few tests and she said while she was there they tested her for all std's but she didnt ask them to...she then told me that it is like required now if you go to a gynecologist. I just don't know what to believe and wish i could speed time up :/.
do't worry.if it broke in her vagina but you took it out Immediately your are no risk,did you take it out imy?  
imy?
sorry ,imy-immediately
did you take it out immediately?
if you take it out immediately,you are nearly have no risk.
Yes. If i was completely in would i hear like the snap of it breaking? or would it have to be out in order to hear it? Its just her period blood that worries me.
period blood means she was menstruating?
yes menstruating....
if a women is menstruating,you should avoid to have sex form now on.
Yes I didn't know  she was though, the lights were off....
so good luck with you,i;m waiting for the result of 12weeks,we are negative,do not worried,just test.
Okay thank you, you too. Any other inputs?
anyt info would help pleeeease
Any sexually active person who has sex outside a committed, long term monogamous relationship should be tested once a year or so.  If you haven't been tested in a while, you could do so 2-3 months or so after this incident for reassurance purposes.  3 months is the "official" time frame, but a test done earlier may help to reassure you, as the vast, vast majority of people who are going to turn positive will do so by 8 weeks.  

The chances that she is HIV+ are very small.  Have you asked her?  Even if she was positive, the odds are still overwhelmingly in you favor that you would not contract HIV.  

I'm sure you'll continue freaking right on out (if you're like most on here), but try not to.  There is nothing to do but test at the appropriate time.  Freak out or not, that is your only option.  2-3 months will pass whether you are an anxious wreck or not. Calm down and wait.  
"The chances that she is HIV+ are very small.  Have you asked her?  Even if she was positive, the odds are still overwhelmingly in you favor that you would not contract HIV. "

Yes i have asked her and she said she just knows....i am making her come get tested with me though for a little reassurance.

how are they overwhelmingly in my favor?

thanks

If you penetrated her anally or vaginally without a condom, there is a small risk, IF she is HIV+.  And the vast majority of people in the United States do not have HIV.  

A single act of intercourse is not likely to result in infection, blood or not.  Is it impossible? No.  Is it likely?  No.  

Can't do ya any better than that, Matt.  Test at the appropriate time.  Don't freak.  The odds are very much in your favor.  
I had sex with her one other time last year around this time unprotected so i don't know if that will mean anything...?
Update. Week after the exposure we both went and got tested negative, she said the last person she was with was 2 months before me so i think i am in the clear. About 3 weeks later I have what appears to be a canker sore on my tonsil, its irriatating i can like feel something there and it looks like a canker sore, i also have one on the side of my tongue. About the same time i got a pimple on my forearm....and lately i have just been feeling run down all the time and i was always feel the urge to lay down. Am i just crazy now?
My throat isn't sore, I can just feel there is something there. Also I only had about 5 hours of sleep this past weekend with heavy drinking, i don't know if that could be a cause of this? but its Thursday now
On a second look and i poked it, it didn't hurt so ill rule out a canker sore and i cant really see anything there anymore but it just feels like something is....
Ok so that spot on my tonsil has a little pain and its darker in color now and round. When i poked at it i got a little blood on the qutip. Is this HIV related? Please help.
you are at low risk,let negative calm your fears.
Have an HIV question?
100,000+ doctor answers