Should i worry?
This may seem like a stupid question, but i have a concern. Last week, i was in a store, and while i was waiting, i sat down on a chair. My hand wandered to the crack in the side of the chair, and then my finger was pricked by a piece of glass or sharp plastic. It drew a little blood from my fingertip. I don't know how long it had been there(it was covered in dust, though), and i did not look to see if there was any blood on it. I read that HIV can last up to 7 days in the environement, and i have been feeling very tired recently... could i have contracted the virus? Should i think about getting tested? Thanks for any responses!
hiv is not transmitted through environmental surfaces or inanimate objects.

you had NO risk
Thank you for the reassurance! I had read that as well, but then on another site i had read that broken glass could be very dangerous in regards of HIV if someone had bled on it. Ah well, i am a natural worry-wart....
I hate to disturb any of you again, but my worry flared up again- all of today, my throat hurt, and i think it may have been swollen glands, which i read could be a symptom. I did some further online checking, and at several places on the web, it stated that any type of puncture wound which drew blood was potentially dangerous.
Fear is not fact as you were already advised you never had an exposure.