Sore throat after risky sexual intercourse
I am a 22 year old male suffering from sore throat / pharyngitis 10 days after having vaginal intercourse with a commercial sex worker . I used a condom , but there was breakage . And now I have this sore throat and nasal congestion being the only  symptoms as of now . I am worried of it might being Acute Retroviral Syndrome . Should I go for HIV testing ? Please reflect on my situation and provide an explanation / solution .

I shall be obliged
Thanking you.

Anonymous
Symptoms or lack of will never tell you anything about your status. The only way to know your status is by testing. 3 months post exposure is when you can obtain your conclusive test result.
If your condom broke you will have to test after your 3 month window. As for your symptoms. Anxiety over HIV most the time has a lot to do with that.
Do not stress over it too much. Most sex workers use condoms for a reason. To protect them selfs. There for most are clean. But get tested in 3 months just to be sure.
CLEAN?
clean meaning HIV free is what he is saying.
It's offensive to people that are HIV positive. It insinuates that people that are positive are dirty.  
You're not understanding what he was trying to say,it's like an IV drug user that stops using or an alcoholic that stops drinking--they use the term,they are clean from their vice.
Then he needs to quit using CLEAN. Use not infected. And having lived with HIV for 28 years I know what the word CLEAN means.
Sorry Teak I did not meen it that way. I ment it the way rainlover said.

So to all the people who are infected with HIV I truely appologize. For the term clean. I really ment to say not infected.

Teak hope you accept my appology.
Thanks a lot for your input .
There is one more thing  though , I didnt realize it then but she told me afterwards that she was menstruating . I know HIV spreads from body fluids including cervical secretions and blood , but is transcutaneous infection (via intact skin) a possibility . As far as I am concerned I didnt have any 'open skin' , wounds etc. at the time and the period of unprotected contact must have been more or less 10 seconds , because the first thing I did after the 'break' was to wash my penis thoroughly .
Do the above facts increase my chances of contracting HIV ?

How specific are RNA PCR tests(which can be done anytime after 'contact' ) ?
The 3 month test is ELISA , and I really dont want to wait that long .

In the meantime is there anything I can do ?
The RNA by PCR is excellent for early detection--please refer to the doctors expert forum--or a DUO at 4 weeks & an antibody test at 3 months.
Thanks a lot for your input .

You can do as RainLover71 advised.

But the main thing is you will really have to wate intill your 3 month window is up. Just to put this to rest. So do not stress. Very good chance you are worried over nothing.
PCR-RNA test is a supplemental test used in conjunction with an antibody test.