Aa
A
A
Close
Sprayed with blood! NEED HELP
While donating plasma the man next to me was donating for the first time so i know his blood was just taken and wasnt sent to the lab for testing they allow you to donate before the results and if you come back positive they dispose of your fluid and you can no longer donate.....while the machine was getting ready.the flobot didn't realize that  there was a small hole in the line and when pressure began it started spraying his blood all over me...getting in  my mouth up my nose in my eyes... I freaked out and demanded they tell me if he was hiv negitive and they couldn't tell me so i went to my local hiv/aids clinic and had a rapid test done. It was negative but the woman said i may indeed be infected bc it was still very soon. I went back in at 3mo and it was neg...but this woman said that i needed to come back at the 6month and 12 month point to test again.... Im so upset and freaked out can i trust theses results? How do i possibly move on from this?
Cancel
8 Answers
Page 1 of 1
A machine to donate blood?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Plasma.... it takes your blood and separates the plasma from it....
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
You didnt have an exposure and you didnt need to test, let alone the 6 month test.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Getting blood of a stranger in my eyes nose and mouth isnt exposure?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
No and you have a conclusive negative test result to prove it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Just don't understand why the test administrator said i needed to come back.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Just so i can have peace... Getting hiv infected blood in your mouth or mucus glands has.no way of infecting you?   Thank you for your responses
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
http://www.cdc.gov/globalaids/Resources/pmtct-care/docs/TM/Module_6TM.pdf
Page 11
  In an adult, a positive HIV antibody test result means that the person is infected, a person with a negative or inconclusive result may be in the “window for 4 to 6 weeks but occasionally up to 3 months after HIV exposure. Persons at high risk who initially test negative should be retested 3 months after exposure to confirm results
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources