HIV Prevention Community
Still scared

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Still scared

This is the link to my old question:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV-Prevention/Are-these-ARS-Symptoms-and-wish-me-luck-in-my-HIV-test-tomorrow/show/1771656

I took the test on July 16 and it was a negative

On July 27 I had a bit of rash on my chest (doctor said due to the heat), had mild night sweating as well as a little warming in my temperature ( not so much though)
On July 28 I had a nervous breakdown and i felt dizzy and weak

My doctor suggested that I take another test on August 6....is there a chance the negative will change

I am still scared, please tell me the test I took has significance  whatsoever :(

You had a test about 3 weeks after last exposure. The accuracy would depend on what kind of test- 3rd generation or 4th generation.

Anyway, you seem to be grossly overreacting over this. 99.9+% women in the US don't have HIV.
it is a 4th generation test....
and I have done this in Germany not in the US
A 4th generation test will be over 90% accurate at 3 weeks.

In Germany, 99.99% of women don't have HIV.

Your chance of having HIV is in the neighborhood of 1 in 100 million.
two more questions:
1) my armpits have been aching me whenever i touch them i woke up today to find a red spot right above what i think is my lymph node....
2) my ex and i had sex 4 times, I thought IF I caught hiv it would rather be before and not the last time....am I right?
and thanks a million
1. Has nothing to do with HIV.
2. If you caught HIV it could have been any of those 4 times. But I really doubt that you did. You're far more likely to drop dead of heart failure after you read this.
hahahaha XD...well lets hope not of a heart attack
(sorry I am trying my best to be as positive as possible :) )
Another question.. I have noticed a swelling under my left armpit ( I am not sure if its just from anxiety and I can not be sure if it is really swollen) how can I be sure it is not HIV related? And can ars occur after 5 weeks?
Symptoms or the lack of will never tell you anything about your status. The only way to know your status if you have had an exposure is by testing. You can obtain your conclusive negative test result 3 months post your last unprotected vaginal or anal sex.
Maybe what are you saying is true yet I am going to tell you that I am going to test after 3 months anyways I am majoring in biomedical engineering and I believe in new technology...I just had a normal query about general knowledge
With all due respect, but please answer the question as it is and do not keep giving the same 3 months test advice cause we will do it anyways
I am sorry if I was rude and I respect your advice
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.