HIV Prevention Community
Swelling in left parotid gland
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swelling in left parotid gland

Hi all
I thought some of you in this forum have a better understanding and probably more informed and hence posting in this forum. Please excuse me if I did something wrong.
Any help is appreciated. Around august 11 I had unprotected sex with a female CSW and I was the receiver. I developed a sore throat about 3 weeks later which is when I started getting the anxiety about HIV. I decided to test to avoid checking Internet and worry about any illness. I did a test 3 weeks post expsoure, 12 and 22 weeks all three tests came back negative. Now 7 months post expsoure I have devoted parotid swelling on the left side near my ears and lower cheeks. There is visible swelling with no pain for over a month with no effect from antibiotics. My doctor has ordered a full blood count and also an ultrasound. I am awaiting those results. I took an x ray which did not reveal any stones. Internet literature on swollen parotid glands have a strong association with HIV and I am really worried and wondering if I have seroconverted quite late. Have anyone of you noticed such a problem in HIV infection and if so what do we need to be alarmed of.I will pray for all of you bu any help is appreciated.