HIV Prevention Community
THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN HIV AND STD,STI

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

I have been reading a lot of comments in the forum and something really challenged me. Is it true that a person can easily contract an STD or STI much easily that HIV? if so Y is it so? Secondly Does a person who is HIV positive and have an STD transmit HIV virus to a HIV negative person more easily? Is that a near guarantee that a carrier of both HIV and STD,STI can transmit HIV much more easily. How deep must a cut or an entry point be for one to contract HIV. Can a cut which is a day or two days old be an entry point for HIV?

Thank you and I trully appreciate your input

Regards

Tenda
If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.