HIV Prevention Community
THRUSH

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

THRUSH

Can someone please tell me how soon thrush can appear after infection...could it be an early sign of hiv infection..a symptom of ARS??? Please advise..i had a one night stand with someone without a condom..not a smart thing..but now im getting chills..change in my bowels..and a bad cough..looked in my mouth the other day. and my tonsils were tore up with ulcers on both and white spots on my throat.. the incident was about 3 months ago..i had a rapid hiv test and it came up neg

please advise
congrats on  your neg result, now get  on with life and use condoms from now on, whatever is wrong with your tonsils is not hiv
HIV related thrush comes on in late stage hiv and many times thrush in hiv patients results in a diagnoses of aids. That said if you do have thrush it isnt from HIV. Plus you have a negative hiv test which tells you right there you dont have hiv.

If you search around on the net there are lots of people with oral yeast (candida) and it come from a bunch of different things, one being diet.
Avatar n tn
the deal why people get so worked up with oral thrush is because in its lists of causes, it has the low immune system thing.....that gets people confused and quickly based it on hiv...like canker sore.

don't rely on symptoms...rely on the test ^-^
ok with that all being said... how soon can a rapid test be accurate.. its just realllly worrying me oraquick was 2 and half months after incident.. i am using condoms now it was a stupid mistake i was drunk but not drunk enough to forget what happened... also my dr tested me for strep so its not that... im having another test done monday...which will be over 3 months after incident.. ok now the question is ..how soon can oraquick be accurate and also any other  opinion on what is going on with the inside of my mouth...oral ulcers and white spots all over are scaring me..
2 1/2 months is a good test, go at 3 months though for a 100% although your resulta arent gonna change.
also can someone tell me if its straight up hardcore diarrhea as a symptom..or  can it be change in bowels..i did have diarhea (diarrhea) but the next day i was constipated..couple days later the diarhea (diarrhea) came back... i mean its wierd..ive never felt like this before..
Thrush is not HIV specific. Anyone can get thrush at any time.
Avatar n tn
sounds like step
the diarhea (diarrhea) might just be caused by your anxiety. you do not have HIV.
This is an old thread - posted Apr 24, 2008.  Just wanted to clarify that.