Teak & Others, OCD, GERD, Barretts Disease
To: OCD, Barretts Esophagus, HIV
Update: Most importantly - I suffer from OCD.  Awful, depressing, OCD that controls my brain.  I am going to beat it.  I see a therapist once a week and am reading a book  - Brain Lock by J Schwartz that I would recommend to all who suffer from this disorder.  I also take 100mg Luvox, which helps...though the side effects can be difficult (headaches, insomnia, etc)
I wanted to let everyone know I do not have Chron's Disease as previously thought.  Two endoscopies, two biopsies, and several blood tests later, my newfound GERD goes unexplained and I have been confirmed and begun treatment (pantoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus.  To have this disease so young and w/out ever having suffered from GERD prior to a April (5 months post exposure), even my doctors are mystified - two specialists here in LA.  
My General Practicioner and gastro specialists, as well as my counselor at the Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian clinic where I test, aware of my past, have suggested I test for HIV beyond my 174 day post exposure negative antibody and 174 day NAAT negative.  It is compunding my OCD, but I understand that they, like me, want answers.  
Are their suggestions at all valid and backed by data or would this be a step backwards and a big relapse of OCD to begin testing again?
It is difficult for me to be on this site w/out becoming obsessed with reading entries, so I will only check in on occasion for responses. This is my first time back in several months and I recommend that to all suffering from OCD.  There is good information here, but it feeds the beast. Good luck to all and many thanks.
I don't really have any advice to give you, but when you said this site feeds the beast it sure does.  i am becoming aware that i also have a strong case of ocd.  More obsesive than compulsive.  Just wanted to let you know that someone else here shares your same pain.  You are definitely not alone. Hang in there.  Take the test.  7 months negative.... as long as if you were to take it and its still negative realize that you're doing it because its suggested not because you're obsessed with it yourself.  
surely you will be negative
Move on. You aren't helping one bit.
so you see no validity in their opinions? Teak, this is truly my first tiem on this site in 2 plus months...I am seeing counseling for OCD and moving on the best I can.  This health set back has been just that and has also become a emotional/ mental set back...hopefully you can understand.  I am just trying to seperate anxiety from realistic medical concern. thx  - keep up the good work all.
Continue to seek OCD counseling. You're not exempt from the following:

* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.