HIV Prevention Community
Teak and Other - Pl reply on this

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

An open wound is a bleeding wound. You weren't at risk.

Teak and Other - Pl reply on this

Hi All

When we say - open wound in mouth (For risk during oral sex) what does it mean - What does Open wound mean - Open without any skin on it - or open and bleeding, or no wound - but some bleeds, or wound covered but not healed ...... What r ur views and how strong is the virus in vaginal fluids to penetrate the skin lining (inside lips, gums)  or just a covering on wounds inside the mouth. What if there was a wound and its just covered with sutures and a thin layer of skin - not fully healed....... is there any chance of virus transmission during oral sex in this situation - just a thin layer of skin on wound - not healed properly and/ or wound sutured - in process of healing....

Teak - I have another question for you in my original querry - Help - Scare of HIV is killing me - can you pl reply to that